Saturday 21 January 2017

Butternut soup

There is nothing better than a nice bowl of soup with a slice or two of crusty warm, fresh bread with butter melting into it.

One of our favourites is Butternut soup, one reason being we grew butternuts this last season. Things always seem to taste better vwhen they're home grown. :)

I mix up my own curry powder, I am allergic to chillies and tomatoes so my blend works well for us, not too spicey but flavourful all the same.


INGREDIENTS: 

About half a butternut (size dependant) approximately 500g or so. Chopped up.
1-2 potatoes diced
1 onion diced (not pictured)
1tsp curry powder
1.5 litres of water/ or stock (I tend to make my own chicken stock and use that)
1 can of chickpeas/butterbeans/canellini beans
some cream for stirring in when it's served 

our beautiful butternut we grew! :)
 Fry the onion in butter in a large pot, add the water/stock, the veggies and curry powder. Bring the water to  a gentle boil and cook until the veggies are soft.

Remove from the heat and use a stick blender (or any blender that will blend the soup nicely) Blend until smooth and serve. Add cream on top. I love to make swirly patterns :)


Yummy oozy, buttery gluten free bread

Shared on: 
Our mini family

No comments:

Post a Comment